Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Coconut Smoothie

Coconut Smoothie

As a diabetic, I'm always looking for something sweet which won't throw me into a coma. Most smoothies have too much sugar in them for me to have. I came up with this smoothie which is refreshing and low sugar. It also is high in protein and low carb.

To Make :

1 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. (I used Intex Protein Evolution-low sugar, carbs and high in protein)

10-12 Ice Cubes

1 cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk

1 small pkg of Stevia (Optional)

                                                                1 tsp of shredded Coconut (Optional)

210 Calories, 5 fats (from the Coconut Milk), 3 Carbs, 1 Fiber,  (2 Total Carbs), 1 Sugar and 35 grams of Protein. (This count is without the adding in the tsp of shredded coconut or Stevia)


No comments:

Post a Comment